Length of post: One-off events/activities
Hours per week: N/A
A bit about the organisation
Ability Bow is a dynamic, friendly and community-led gym which works with clients who demonstrate a long-term health condition or disability.
We believe in social inclusion and are passionate about people, with a commitment of ensuring our members and the local Tower Hamlets/east London community can feel fitter and stronger, for longer.
We are also currently building blocks for a new one-to-one service and by working together to achieve this, we're gradually aiming to make a real difference to physical and emotional wellbeing within inner London.
A bit about the job role
Throughout the year, Ability Bow organises and takes part in many events and activities. Our largest fundraising events are the London Marathon, Big Fun Run, Parallel, and RideLondon. We also organise celebration events and open days to take place at Ability Bow.
We are looking for a team of Event Assistants to help with the planning, organisation, and delivery of these events.
Description of tasks
We are seeking Event Assistants for our large sporting fundraising events to help:
- Design/create banners to use at events
- Cheering and supporting participants
- Photographing the day
We are seeking Event Assistants for our smaller-scale events to help:
- Source refreshments from local businesses
- Assist with set-up and strike of tables and chairs
- Distribute promotional materials to local area
- Manage the Ability Bow information stall
- Be ambassadors for Ability Bow
There is no formal requirement to be an Event Assistant but a can-do attitude and willingness to get involved and work in a team is vital.
Ideally, Event Assistants will volunteer as and when required for specific events. Volunteers can assist with the planning and/or delivery of an event.
Our large fundraising events take place during weekends.
All volunteers are required to complete an application form - including giving two referees’ details - and, attend an informal interview. Volunteers are also required to present a valid DBS certificate or provide documentation for Ability Bow to undertake a DBS check.
Data protection and personal information
By applying for the volunteer role below, you confirm you also understand, agree and consent to:
- All of the details listed within the ‘Important information’ section above and ‘Data protection and personal information’ subsection bullet points listed below, on this page
- Your application details being passed on to Ability Bow’s volunteering coordinator for processing
- Your data not being shared with any third party unless we have obtained your full permission. Read our full Privacy Notice>>
- Your information being stored privately on our internal databases so we can provide you with relevant news and updates on our volunteering programme and wider communications on our services which you have agreed to opt into by applying for this role
If you would like to apply for this role or any one of our other opportunities within a different format (ie paper application form), please email: email@example.com.