We ask our gym users to tell us why they like coming to the gym and what they think of our Specialist Exercise Referral programme.
Gym user Nehar Begum is delighted to be able to use her walking frame. She says
"I must admit I would not be able to do it without the gym exercises. Since I started I got my limbs strong enough to hold myself up in the walker and the confidence to challenge myself. Thank you!"
Nehar has Cerebral Palsy with Quadriplegia and she first came to Ability Bow in March 2011. She works with her Instructor every week on a one to one basis to progress her fitness goals. We asked Nehar to tell us about the difference that this has made to her:
What problems did this health condition cause you before you came to Ability Bow?
- Muscle stiffness
- Muscle pain
- Increased spasms
- Difficulty in moving
- Felt very weak
- Didn’t eat as much as I should
- Felt very tired every day even when I woke up in the morning
- My body weight wasn’t steady at all – for example: one morning my weight would be 8.5 stones and then 2 days after it would go back to 7 stones or a bit lower then that sometimes with the same intake everyday
How have these problems improved since coming to Ability Bow?
- Gained more independence
- Gained more confidence
- Feel more stronger
- Have less pain and stiffness in my muscles
- I can move a lot better
- Don’t have a lot of spasms as I did previously
- Have a better diet
- I am eating better than before
- Weight is not changing as often as it did
- I have a lot of strength in my limbs now than I did before coming Ability Bow
To be referred to Ability Bow ask your GP to complete one of our Referral Forms and return it to us. There may be a short wait for an appointment depending on our waiting list.