This is healthy, cheap to make, and very tasty! It's only takes about 15 minutes to prepare and cook so makes an excellent weekday meal.
- 1 410g tin of red kidney beans, drained.
- 1 400g tin of chopped peeled plum tomatoes, drained.
- 1 198g tin of sweetcorn, drained.
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Tabasco
- Large bunch coriander, finely chopped.
- 150g low-fat cream cheese
- 8 flour tortillas
1. Place the olive oil and the red onion in a warm pan and allow the onion to soften for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and red kidney beans and stir together. Allow to cook for 1-2 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes, sweetcorn and Tabasco and continue stirring. Allow to cook for a further 3 minutes. Finally, add the coriander and leave to cook for another minute.
3. While the ingredients cook, take the tortillas and place them under a hot grill for a minute to warm. When ready, spread some cream cheese on each of the tortillas.
4. Spoon the bean mixture into the middle of each tortilla and fold to eat. You can serve with a leafy salad and/or rice as you prefer. Now relax and enjoy! Missed last month's recipe?