Rhubarb is still in season until the end of the month..cook it with strawberries for this vitamin-rich desert. There's plenty of vit C and fibre in this and it's seriously tasty too!
- 250 g (9oz) Rhubarb, chopped roughly
- 40g (1 ½ oz) Caster sugar
- 75g (2 ¾ oz) Plain flour
- 40g (1 ½ oz) Low fat spread
- 40g (1 ½ oz) Soft light brown sugar
- 25g (1oz) Porridge oats
- 250g (9oz) Strawberries, trimmed and halved
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 or 180 °C/ fan oven 160°C.
- Put the rhubarb in a 20cm (8 inch) square baking dish and toss with the caster sugar to coat. Bake for 10 minutes until the rhubarb is starting to look juicy.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl then use your fingertips to rub the low fat spread in, until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs. Stir in the brown sugar and porridge oats
- Gently mix the strawberries in with the rhubarb then press the crumble topping on to the fruit
- Place on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 25 minutes or until the crumble is golden brown and crisp on top , with the scarlet juices from the fruit starting to bubble up around the edges.
We hope you enjoy!