We've had a bumper fundraising month thanks to you; including receiving almost £6,000 from our Big Fun Run and crowdfunding campaign combined!
Big Fun Run Giants
Our team of 26 Big Fun Run runners, marshals and supporters braved the cold on Sunday 20 October 2019. This included our receptionist Rochelle - who walked and jogged the Victoria Park course and has almost raised £1,500 for our disability charity exercise service.
Our fantastic fun run team's highlights also include:
- Super Shakil Miah who finished in just over 20 minutes
- Amazing Albie Ollivierre - our gym member who lives with incurable multiple myeloma cancer
- Terrific Tracy Yewman - who is part of our brilliant Positive Steps mental health exercise group
Support Our Fundraising Campaign
With your support, we can hit our £4,300 target by Friday 15 November 2019.
You can find out why it matters and how you can support our campaign below.
Why It Matters
Helping disabled people to get fitter and live more active lives in Tower Hamlets, Hackney and wider areas within east London, donations to our Disabled People Work Hard and Get Fit campaign will ensure people with disabilities and complex health conditions reach their fitness goals.
Our campaign needs include:
- Aiming to raise an initial 15 per cent fundraising target (£4,300) through our campaign...
- Once reached, we can apply for up to £28,000 of local community funding grants
Victoria Kent, Ability Bow's Director and Founder, says: "Working with our specialist personal fitness trainers, people using our service will feel the benefits of receiving long-term one-to-one exercise, which we may never get without your funding help.
"We're looking to deliver sessions for both people with a wide variety of conditions - including those with complex brain injuries or strokes, as well as people with mental health challenges such as anxiety or depression - to genuinely help them make small or big changes, which will enable them to rebuild and manage their lives healthily.
"In times where funding pots are shrinking for disability exercise locally, we really need your help via our online crowdfunding campaign more than ever, all to support our super Ability Bow community and help us get everyone in east London with a disability to work hard and get fit."
How You Can Help And Donate
To support our gym to raise up to an incredible £28,000 worth of funding for:
- Long-term one-to-one exercise sessions for disabled people
- Supported exercise at local leisure centres or community spaces outside the gym
- Small group exercise classes for people to meet others and make friends
Support Our Campaign Now
Thank you so much!