Length of post: 2 months
Hours per week: Approximately 4 hours per week (half day)
A bit about the organisation
Ability Bow is a dynamic, friendly and community-led gym which works with clients who demonstrate a long-term health condition or disability.
We believe in social inclusion and are passionate about people, with a commitment of ensuring our members and the local Tower Hamlets/east London community can feel fitter and stronger, for longer.
We are also currently building blocks for a new one-to-one service and by working together to achieve this, we're gradually aiming to make a real difference to physical and emotional wellbeing within inner London.
A bit about the job role
This role is about reaching out to local community centres, groups, and organisations to raise awareness of Ability Bow. The aim is to increase the number of referrals to Ability Bow. There is also the possibility of attending local GP practices to raise awareness of Ability Bow to patients and staff.
The Community Ambassador will aim to attend at least two community events per month.
Description of tasks
- Attending community events, coffee mornings, and open day events to promote Ability Bow through managing an information stall
- Meeting with staff from community centres, housing associations, local organisations
- Being a representative of Ability Bow to promote and raise awareness of our services
There is no formal requirement for this role.
However, this role would suit someone with outreach and public engagement experience.
The Community Ambassador will need to have excellent communication skills and be happy to meet new people and work independently.
The Community Ambassador will be confident in speaking in-front of small groups of people and presenting information.
This role will suit someone who has previously worked as a company representative or has sales experience.
Ideally, the Referral Generator will volunteer for around 4 hours per week (half day) for 2 months.
Organisation hours and location
Ability Bow is open Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:30am to 5pm, with alternative opening hours on Tuesdays from 9:30am to 6pm and from 10am to 5pm on on Thursdays.
The role is based at Ability Bow, St. Paul's Church, St. Stephen's Road, Bow, E3 5JL.
All volunteers are required to complete an application form - including giving two referees’ details - and, attend an informal interview. Volunteers are also required to present a valid DBS certificate or provide documentation for Ability Bow to undertake a DBS check.
Data protection and personal information
By applying for the volunteer role below, you confirm you also understand, agree and consent to:
- All of the details listed within the ‘Important information’ section above and ‘Data protection and personal information’ subsection bullet points listed below, on this page
- Your application details being passed on to Ability Bow’s volunteering coordinator for processing
- Your data not being shared with any third party unless we have obtained your full permission. Read our full Privacy Notice>>
- Your information being stored privately on our internal databases so we can provide you with relevant news and updates on our volunteering programme and wider communications on our services which you have agreed to opt into by applying for this role
If you would like to apply for this role or any one of our other opportunities within a different format (ie paper application form), please email: email@example.com.