Length of post: 2 months
Hours per week: 8 hours per week (1 day)
A bit about the organisation
Ability Bow is a dynamic, friendly and community-led gym which works with clients who demonstrate a long-term health condition or disability.
We believe in social inclusion and are passionate about people, with a commitment of ensuring our members and the local Tower Hamlets/east London community can feel fitter and stronger, for longer.
We are also currently building blocks for a new one-to-one service and by working together to achieve this, we're gradually aiming to make a real difference to physical and emotional wellbeing within inner London.
A bit about the job role
Ability Bow is looking to develop its partnerships both locally with small neighbouring businesses and more broadly with larger companies and organisations.
As the Partnerships Developer, you will be required to undertake a large amount of outreach work to build relationships with both smaller and larger organisations.
There are three main areas that Ability Bow is looking to develop partnerships:
- Connecting with local businesses to donate healthy snacks for our gym users
- Connecting with local businesses to donate items/prizes for raffles and fundraising events
- Connecting with local/or larger businesses to provide a one-off carpet clean in our gym
- Seeking a larger gym/fitness organisation to re-upholster gym equipment for free
- Developing corporate partnerships with larger companies for long-term connections/support
- Develop relationships with corporate/larger companies to recruit volunteers through corporate time-banking/CSR programmes
Description of tasks
This role will involve a large amount of initial research and outreach such as contacting and visiting local businesses and other gyms.
Once partnerships are secured, the role will involve developing an ongoing plan for continued donations/support through the partnerships made.
There are no formal requirements for this role, although someone with a background in corporate partnerships or outreach and engagement would be ideal.
This role would be ideal for someone who has an excellent knowledge of the local area as well as an outgoing personality to be able to make connections with new people on behalf of Ability Bow.
Ideally, the Partnerships Developer will volunteer for around 1 day per week for 2 months.
Organisation hours and location
Ability Bow is open Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:30am to 5pm, with alternative opening hours on Tuesdays from 9:30am to 6pm and from 10am to 5pm on on Thursdays.
The role is based at Ability Bow, St. Paul's Church, St. Stephen's Road, Bow, E3 5JL.
All volunteers are required to complete an application form - including giving two referees’ details - and, attend an informal interview. Volunteers are also required to present a valid DBS certificate or provide documentation for Ability Bow to undertake a DBS check.
Data protection and personal information
By applying for the volunteer role below, you confirm you also understand, agree and consent to:
- All of the details listed within the ‘Important information’ section above and ‘Data protection and personal information’ subsection bullet points listed below, on this page
- Your application details being passed on to Ability Bow’s volunteering coordinator for processing
- Your data not being shared with any third party unless we have obtained your full permission. Read our full Privacy Notice>>
- Your information being stored privately on our internal databases so we can provide you with relevant news and updates on our volunteering programme and wider communications on our services which you have agreed to opt into by applying for this role
If you would like to apply for this role or any one of our other opportunities within a different format (ie paper application form), please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.