Our cancer rehabilitation exercise programme aims to introduce people specifically affected by cancer - including patients and survivors - to regular physical activity benefits.
What We're Offering
Supporting individuals with disabilities and long-term health conditions with their recovery through circuit-based exercise classes and education, the 12 week tailored programme led by a Level 4 cancer rehab instructor - funded by Active Londoners - offers:
- All ability-focused exercise adapted to individual needs and fitness levels
- 45 minute weekly classes of gentle circuit-based activity involving cardiovascular and resistance exercises
- The chance to acccess local community services post-exercise
- 30 minutes of education sessions - which will feature healthy eating, exercise benefits, environmental and lifestyle tips (free refreshments will be included after each session)
- Closely monitored exercise to help participants improve their health and reach set goals
Joining The Programme
Want to join the programme?
To be eligible for the programme - with sessions costing £5 including free tea and coffee - and increase your independence and self-confidence through the cancer rehabilitation exercise sessions, participants will need to:
- Have a clinical cancer diagnosis
- Have a stable health condition
- Ask their GP to complete our referral form
- Be aged 16 or above
Not suitable for the programme?
If you feel this is programme is not suitable for you:
Referring to our one-to-one programme
Simply complete the referral form via the link above and email it to: email@example.com, return it to us face-to-face at reception, or phone: 020 8980 7778 for an alternative format.
So if you have:
- An unstable or uncontrolled mental and/or physical condition
- A resting heart rate above 100 bpm
- Resting blood pressure above 180/100mmHg
- An active retinal haemorrhage
...the one-to-one programme may be a better option for you.
Find Out More
If you'd like to find out more the cancer rehab exercise programme, or view our wide range of additional exercise activities, you can: