Our cancer rehabilitation exercise programme aims to introduce people specifically affected by cancer - including patients and survivors - to regular physical activity benefits.
What we're offering
Supporting individuals with disabilities and long-term health conditions with their recovery through circuit-based exercise classes and education, the 12 week tailored programme led by a Level 4 cancer rehab instructor - funded by Active Londoners - offers:
- All ability-focused exercise adapted to individual needs and fitness levels.
- 45 minute weekly classes of gentle circuit-based activity involving cardiovascular and resistance exercises.
- The chance to acccess local community services post-exercise.
- 30 minutes of education sessions - which will feature healthy eating, exercise benefits, environmental and lifestyle tips (free refreshments will be included after each session).
- Closely monitored exercise to help participants improve their health and reach set goals.
Joining the programme
Want to join the programme?
To be eligible for the programme - with sessions costing £5 including free tea and coffee - and increase your independence and self-confidence through the cancer rehabilitation exercise sessions, participants will need to:
- Have a clinical cancer diagnosis.
- Have a stable health condition.
- Ask their GP to complete our referral form.
- Be aged 16 or above.
Not suitable for the programme?
If you feel this programme is not suitable for you:
Referring to our one-to-one programme
Simply complete the referral form via the link above and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org, return it to us face-to-face at reception, or phone: 020 8980 7778 for an alternative format.
So if you have:
- An unstable or uncontrolled mental and/or physical condition.
- A resting heart rate above 100 bpm.
- Resting blood pressure above 180/100mmHg.
- An active retinal haemorrhage.
...the one-to-one programme may be a better option for you.
Find out more
If you'd like to find out more about the cancer rehab exercise programme, or view our wide range of additional exercise activities, you can: