Length of post: 2 months
Hours per week: 8 hours per week (one day)
A bit about the organisation
Ability Bow is a dynamic, friendly and community-led gym which works with clients who demonstrate a long-term health condition or disability.
We believe in social inclusion and are passionate about people, with a commitment of ensuring our members and the local Tower Hamlets/east London community can feel fitter and stronger, for longer.
We are also currently building blocks for a new one-to-one service and by working together to achieve this, we're gradually aiming to make a real difference to physical and emotional wellbeing within inner London.
A bit about the job role
The Digital Marketing Assistant will directly assist the Marketing and Communications Coordinator in helping to raise the profile and online presence of Ability Bow. The role will predominantly involve increasing Ability Bow’s social media presence through implementing a social media strategy with a particular focus on increasing our outreach and followers. The role will also involve creating online content in the form of blog posts/newsletter content/news stories..
Description of tasks
- Promoting, raising awareness, and increasing engagement of fundraising events via social media channels
- Attending events, fundraising events, and being in the gym to capture social media content
- Creating, scheduling, and monitoring regular social media posts (Facebook/Twitter)
- Designing and implementing a structured social media management plan which can be used post-role
- Create online content in the form of blog posts/mini press-releases/news stories to be shared via the Ability Bow newsletter
This role is ideal for a current journalism, communications, PR, or marketing student (or recent graduate) who is looking to develop their skillset in social media and news/copywriting. The Digital Marketing Assistant will have excellent interpersonal skills allowing them to confidently liaise with gym members, staff, and fundraisers to create authentic and interesting content. They will be highly organised with a can-do attitude.
Ideally, the Digital Marketing Assistant will volunteer for 1 day per week for 2 months.
Organisation hours and location
Ability Bow is open Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:30am to 5pm, with alternative opening hours on Tuesdays from 9:30am to 6pm and from 10am to 5pm on on Thursdays.
The role is based at Ability Bow, St. Paul's Church, St. Stephen's Road, Bow, E3 5JL.
All volunteers are required to complete an application form - including giving two referees’ details - and, attend an informal interview. Volunteers are also required to present a valid DBS certificate or provide documentation for Ability Bow to undertake a DBS check.
Data protection and personal information
By applying for the volunteer role below, you confirm you also understand, agree and consent to:
- All of the details listed within the ‘Important information’ section above and ‘Data protection and personal information’ subsection bullet points listed below, on this page
- Your application details being passed on to Ability Bow’s volunteering coordinator for processing
- Your data not being shared with any third party unless we have obtained your full permission. Read our full Privacy Notice>>
- Your information being stored privately on our internal databases so we can provide you with relevant news and updates on our volunteering programme and wider communications on our services which you have agreed to opt into by applying for this role
If you would like to apply for this role or any one of our other opportunities within a different format (ie paper application form), please email: email@example.com.