Positive Steps is a programme of weekly exercise and fitness sessions for those who have mental health problems and health conditions/disabilities. Delivered by Ability Bow taking place in accessible community venues over the next 3 years the programme aims to:
- Increase participation in exercise and fitness and encourage a more physically active life.
- Improve mental well-being and increase ability to take control of one’s health.
- To increase mental health and community engagement.
The programme, funded by City Bridge Trust is 12 weeks long.
We have various mental health exercise sessions taking place across our local boroughs.
- Ability Bow drop-in exercise sessions at our gym.
- Smovey mental health exercise sessions.
- Mental health exercise at Mind in Tower Hamlets and Newham.
- Somali group exercise sessions.
- Bow Haven mental health exercise sessions.
- Various sessions across day centres in Tower Hamlets and Hackney.
New starters will all have an assessment at week 1 and 12 at Ability Bow gym.
As well as exercise the activities may include:
- Exercise in the park.
- Local walks.
- Healthy eating sessions.
- Supermarket visits.
- Monthly social sessions.
Referring To Us
Ask you GP or health professional to refer you to Ability Bow via this form. Please call reception on 020 8980 7778 for any enquiries.