Funded by City Bridge Trust until June 2023 the programme is 12 weeks long and takes place in accessible community venues.
Positive Steps aims to:
- Increase participation in exercise and fitness and encourage a more physically active life.
- Improve mental well-being and increase ability to take control of one’s health.
- To increase mental health and community engagement.
We have various mental health exercise sessions taking place across our local boroughs. These include:
- Ability Bow drop-in exercise sessions at our gym.
- Smovey mental health exercise sessions.
- Mental health exercise at Mind in Tower Hamlets and Newham.
- Somali group exercise sessions.
- Bow Haven mental health exercise sessions.
- Various sessions across day centres in Tower Hamlets and Hackney.
New starters will all have an assessment at week 1 and 12 at Ability Bow gym. As well as exercise the activities may include:
- Exercise in the park.
- Local walks.
- Healthy eating sessions.
- Supermarket visits.
- Monthly social sessions.
Referring To Us
Ask you GP or health professional to refer you to Ability Bow. Please call reception on 020 8980 7778 for any enquiries.